Pages

Thursday 26 November 2015

MAYFLOWER

In January 2015, I forwarded by Preliminary Report to the Mayflower Society.  Their reply back to me was that a descendant of Maria Rollins had submitted an application.  Now according to the Society Maria is the daughter of Dorcas Oliver and John Rollins.  My ancestor is James Edward Rollins which is the brother to Maria.  Eureka. I now only have to document my line from me to James Edward Rollins.  Which is only 5 generations.  Not bad.  It could of been a lot more.  I will be making a trip to the Family History Centre in Edmonton to see what documents are available. I started a binder to file all the documents that I collect.  The Mayflower Society has also advised me that (for a fee) I can get copies of the documents that were provided to them for Maria.  I will be forwarding my request for those.  This is going to be quite the journey for me.  But one that I am willing to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment